For those of you who are new to my blog, welcome! I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to all of you and allow for you to get to know the girl behind this blog!
My name is Lauren Sauser and I am currently enrolled in my second year in theElementary Education program at the University of Regina. I was born and raised in the small town of Eston, SK and moved to Regina after graduating high school in 2017. This was a big adjustment for me, as I am definitely not a city girl by any means and see myself returning to a smaller town to teach in the future!
I am the middle child in my family, with a older brother and younger sister. I am very family oriented and love to spend time with them whenever I can! We are very active and love to do anything sports related. Athletics is something that has always been a significant component to our family dynamic and has allowed for us to bond and connect in countless ways. Many of my fondest childhood memories revolved around sports, whether it be watching my siblings play or competing myself!
I knew from a very young age that I wanted to become a teacher some day. My mother was an elementary school teacher for many years and I quickly fell in love with the idea of following in her footsteps. I have always loved working with children, whether it be in the school setting or in the community in general. Throughout my time in high school, I volunteered as a youth baseball coach, as well as dance instructor in my home town. This allowed for me to combine my two passions for working with children and sports! Through these experiences, it became increasingly apparent to me that my passion lied in working with children and that it was how I wanted to spend the rest of my life!
In addition to my love of sports, I also have a passion for baking and have been teaching myself how to bake for a while now. I love seeing the joy that my baking brings other people and it is the perfect way to help me relax and unwind after a stressful day! I am also a total animal person and have a cat named Macy who shares my love of fuzzy blankets, ice cream, and naps!
My love of animals has also pushed me to volunteer at the Regina Humane Society in my spare time, allowing for me to give back and spend time with some amazing people and animals!
Additional “fun facts” about me:
- My favourite food is ice cream (Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my #1)
- I have an irrational fear of elevators (I have never been stuck in one but the idea gives me literal goose bumps!!)
- Swimming with dolphins and learning to surf are at the top of my bucket list and I hope to experience both of them some day
I took EDTC 300 this past spring and learnt so much! I had no idea that technology played such a significant role in education and I was excited to learn about the many ways in which teachers can incorporate technology into their teaching! I thought that enrolling in EDTC 400 would be the perfect step to take to build upon this experience and add to my understanding of educational technology.
Some of the goals that I have for this class include:
- Working on developing my blog further and learning how to blog more effectively. I would love to explore the many different components to blogging that I am still unfamiliar with and hopefully add to my blogging presence.
- I hope to build new relationships with other educators online, as well as strengthen the relationships that I already have. I think that technology has an amazing way of connecting people and I want to ensure that I am taking advantage of all these opportunities!
- I hope to add to my collection of resources to use in the classroom. EDTC 300 introduced me to so many amazing apps, programs and forms of technology that I can’t wait to see what else EDTC 400 has to show me!
Now that you have gotten a chance to read about me and my goals for EDTC 400, I hope that you will follow me here on Twitter! I can’t wait to read more about each of you and to interact throughout the semester!
Thanks for reading!